CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: How naive am I?

Posted by Eric Keller
on 2001-10-12 17:52:32 UTC
Router tables have been one of my obsessions for about
10 years. I finally got the inspiration to finish one, and
now I bought a milling machine so I don't know if that
is good or bad for the router table. I'm hoping that
the mill doesn't turn into my new neverending project.

I bought this big
metal doojerwhacky which consists of a u-shaped
metal frame made of 2" square steel tubing. I believe
it was built at large government expense.

It's actually like a wire frame box with the connections missing off
of one of the long sides. The dimensions are 4'x5'x2' or thereabouts
I think I will add the missing connections
and put the router table inside -- that solves some
of the rigidity problems. I bought some 1" supported (open)
linear bearings and shafts offa ebay, and I have eight 1 1/4" closed
linear bearings in my collection of useful objects. I need
to get longer shafts for the closed bearings. I'm staring
at lead screws right now, haven't figured out what to
use.
Eric