CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] program to drill holes

on 2001-10-13 10:30:04 UTC
Hi Rick,

Glad you're having fun! So am I, as well as the rest of the list, I'm
sure! For drilling holes, you need to generate a program that does
G81's. These are drill cycles. There are other drill cycles as well.
In Vector CAD/CAM, all I have to do is define a "point" at the location
and depth I need, and I get a G81 in the Gcode generated. Maybe this
will work in KellyCam.

I wasn't able to import MY Gerber file into K-CAM, so I've been working
with Eagle (available free). Eagle can generate CNC code to "cut"
PCB's.

If you can generate a Gcode program that does G01's to the "points" on
your list of pads to drill, then you might be able to use a text editor
to replace the G01's with G81's.

HTH

Alan KM6VV

motionin@... wrote:

> Greetings! newby Rick here. I have built a small tabletop cnc and am
> having a great time learning how to use it! (really!) I am using the
> k-cam engraving software and Drafix QuickCad. I have made up some
> circut boards using the cad software, but have no idea how to get it
> to drill all the holes. I have drawn the board and hole paterns on
> different layers (in the order of machining/lesson learned the hard
> way!)but the interpetive part always want to generate a diameter! any
> ideas? Do I have to use a circut program (pads?) and use excelon?
> Jon Elson's webpage had some small programs for certain applications,
> but none that did the drill/peck cycle. This type of program for
> drilling would be very helpfull. (hint,hint)
> Also is anybody from the metro Detroit area? If so could you let me
> know? I am hoping to get a group of cnc/machining/?/together for a
> informal show and tell type meeting! Thanks! Rick

Discussion Thread

motionin@a... 2001-10-12 18:08:26 UTC program to drill holes Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-10-13 10:30:04 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] program to drill holes