CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: positional resolution

on 2001-10-18 15:11:10 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., beer@s... wrote:
> On 18 Oct, CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y... wrote:
> > A leadscrew with 20tpi and 200step/rev should have a positional
> > resolution of 1/(20x200) = 0.00025 in.

Sorry, can't help throwing in my 2 cents....

Get a servo with an encoder and a gecko 3X0 and you don't have to
worry about intermediate positions, dropping steps, moon phase and
what not. Its magic. It just works. I've got a 1000 line encoder on a
ball lead screw and have repeatability in the low tenths and rapids
in the 200 ipm range (would go higher but not with me around). You
just can't do that with an affordable stepper system. The servos and
Gecko's are truly plug and play.

Roger

Discussion Thread

beer@s... 2001-10-18 14:11:50 UTC Re: positional resolution vrsculptor@h... 2001-10-18 15:11:10 UTC Re: positional resolution