CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

F1 Help needed, really urgently

Posted by FIK
on 2001-10-25 23:27:31 UTC
I have had several people point oout the F1 manual onEBAY, hanks I have it
but I do need some help an I fell sure one of you on here csn help on this

Does anyone of you have an F1 mill? I need someone who has the mill to write
a program for me in native EMCO language. I will send a dxf file but it
needs to come back saved to an emco tape ( WHICH I ALSO WILL SEND)so I can
load it into my machine. I don't have the time at the moment to learn to
write posts. Or try to configure the software to speak "EMCO". I just need
one specific program to get me through this contract. It needs to be in
specific EMCO format. Is there a way to nicely non controversially pose this
to the group? Someone on here certainly has an F1 and can program it using
an existing .dxf file. I will supply the .dxf drawing of the part I want to
make and blank tape if necessary. This is a perfect drawing supplied by Bill
Griffin. The bad news for me is it just will not post to F1 from my current
software. I just spent several hours trying and cannot figure out the proper
RS 232 settings, the first line or last line etc. that customize the
software to send a readable nc program to F1. Having someone versed in
programming an F1 convert this drawing will buy me the time I need to get
caught up and also provide a basis for reading a functioning program to
learn to program from myself. All ideas are well received.
I will gladly pay for the service. no argument.

I also have a spare "basis" manual for the CNC5, it is the counter part to
the manual currently on Ebay for F1 mill only is for the CNC5 lathe. If you
would like an original Emco copy I will sell it outright to you for an even
$100.00. I paid much more for it but I was in need at the time. Armed with
that, and a technicians book I think you will find the CNC5 works fine
without any expensive retrofit. These machines have worked fine in steel
aluminum or anything you want to turn for hundreds of hard hours in my shop.
John