CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: F1 Help needed, really urgently

Posted by Bill Griffin
on 2001-10-26 00:05:23 UTC
John

Maybe you should try contacting one of the many colleges that are
using the emco machines. One of the links I sent you withthe sample
codes were from a college somewhere. I would think someone there
might be able to help you, especially if you were willing to donate
something to the school.

I found many links in google searching on emco f1 mill
I also found a mastercam post for the f1, but if you can only deal
with the program on tape, this wont help.

Regards

Bill Griffin

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "FIK" <vrojas@p...> wrote:

> I have had several people point oout the F1 manual onEBAY, hanks I
have it
> but I do need some help an I fell sure one of you on here csn help
on this

> Does anyone of you have an F1 mill? I need someone who has the mill
to write
> a program for me in native EMCO language. I will send a dxf file
but it
> needs to come back saved to an emco tape ( WHICH I ALSO WILL SEND)
so I can
> load it into my machine. I don't have the time at the moment to
learn to
> write posts. Or try to configure the software to speak "EMCO". I
just need
> one specific program to get me through this contract. It needs to
be in
> specific EMCO format. Is there a way to nicely non controversially
pose this
> to the group? Someone on here certainly has an F1 and can program
it using
> an existing .dxf file. I will supply the .dxf drawing of the part I
want to
> make and blank tape if necessary. This is a perfect drawing
supplied by Bill
> Griffin. The bad news for me is it just will not post to F1 from my
current
> software. I just spent several hours trying and cannot figure out
the proper
> RS 232 settings, the first line or last line etc. that customize the
> software to send a readable nc program to F1. Having someone
versed in
> programming an F1 convert this drawing will buy me the time I need
to get
> caught up and also provide a basis for reading a functioning
program to
> learn to program from myself. All ideas are well received.
> I will gladly pay for the service. no argument.
>
> I also have a spare "basis" manual for the CNC5, it is the counter
part to
> the manual currently on Ebay for F1 mill only is for the CNC5
lathe. If you
> would like an original Emco copy I will sell it outright to you for
an even
> $100.00. I paid much more for it but I was in need at the time.
Armed with
> that, and a technicians book I think you will find the CNC5 works
fine
> without any expensive retrofit. These machines have worked fine in
steel
> aluminum or anything you want to turn for hundreds of hard hours in
my shop.
> John
PST ) -
> EMCO MAIER F1
>

> Click here: eBay item 1654337755 (Ends Oct-30-01 20:19:23 PST ) -
EMCO MAIER
> F1 CNC MILLING MACHINE MANUAL ONLY

Discussion Thread

FIK 2001-10-25 23:27:31 UTC F1 Help needed, really urgently Bill Griffin 2001-10-26 00:05:23 UTC Re: F1 Help needed, really urgently wanliker@a... 2001-10-26 00:26:59 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] F1 Help needed, really urgently