CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Drill and tap stepper motor shaft?

on 2001-11-06 11:56:47 UTC
Hi Jason, Dan,

I agree, I wouldn't try to drill and tap the "hidden end". I have been
able to mill flats on the "working end". Didn't seem too tough. Just
had to make up a bracket to "mount" the motor on the Sherline bed, and
then a collar to "lock" the shaft. Light cuts with coolant, and keep
the swarf away from the motor (these were Sanyo Denki).

Next one I need to do is drill the "working end" on one for a "drive
pin". This is to be perpendicular to the shaft of the motor. Drives a
collar, with a pair of slots at right angles. Cheap direct drive for a
Z-axis lead screw (PCB router).

Alan KM6VV