CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] step lost indicator

Posted by CL
on 2001-11-12 06:03:55 UTC
Colin,
Generally there is no method to indicate a lost step unless you have encoders
in the system and software to tell you about it or a DRO that you could
visually see an error.

There is a beta version of FlashCut floating around that I think few have. It
gives you the ability to install a combination of G27, 28 and 29 commands
(from what I recall) at predetermined locations in your code. When the G27
comes up, the control will direct your machine to home itself to your limit
switches. Based on the settings you have in the homing dialog, the machine
will home even a few times if desired and if within your predetermined
settings, go back out and finish the job.

This is an excellent feature for running large 3d files. As far as I know,
they have not put this option in the most common version being used. Too
bad.....

Chris Luebke