CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Re: Wiring Problems

Posted by Ray
on 2001-11-17 07:28:36 UTC
   From: "Tim Goldstein" <timg@...>
>Subject: Re: Wiring Problems
>
>Adding a little in, Chris has gotten motion with the drives when he tested
>in the lab. It is when he is connecting to his target computer that he is
>not getting motion.
<s>
>Anyone have a good test to verify the parallel port is OK?

My first test is, "Does a printer work correctly on it?" If yes, you
could probably look at something other than the port.

Under Linux you could use IO_Show or IO_Exercise but I don't know of a
MS-Windows equivalent of iosh that these programs use to tickle the pins.

In a galaxy far away and long ago I used peek and poke in basic under dos.
Put peek in a little loop to test the input pins. Poke an output pin and
test it with peek. This would also work with led's or voltmeter. The
kids automated their mini dune buggy with this and a RS model 4.

HTH

RayH - from Michigan's U.P. where the worlds largest standing army (>700k)
is now tracking down bambi and relatives with very accurate, very high
powered rifles.

Discussion Thread

Ray 2001-11-17 07:28:36 UTC Re: Re: Wiring Problems