CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Mavilor Servos, how to test + Identify

John Harnedy wrote:

> Folks, As my skills are in cad/cam and mechanicals, am seeking assistance on the spec of some servos which i recovered from a scrapped robot arm for a injection moulding machine. It was cut up in bits when i salvaged the motors from it, so i do not even know who manufactured the arm.
> All 3 motors are Mavilor, but unable to read any more info from the nameplate. what i am trying to find out is the spec / power of the motor, so hopefully can use on cnc router project.
> For the smallest one, it has two groups of wires: brown, blue and green/yellow for one group and purple, brown and white for the other.

Brown, blue and Gn/Yel is the standard IEC power cord colors. The Gn/Yel wire may not
be used to carry any operational current, and must be used for safety ground only, by
law. A manufacturer may have used it for other purposes, but it may be power to a
cooling fan.

> Physical details are 14mm shaft with 5mm keyway, motor body is 156mm long and diameter of 170mm at the front section that includes motor ducting?
> At the rear is a housing 74 mm long, containing a encoder, with the following info TR-Electronics, Impulse 100, Freq 0 - 10kHz, S Nr A5079

This probably is a 100 cycles/rev quadrature encoder, with 400 counts per rev on a reads-all-transitions
quadrature counter.

> The other two motors are much bigger, and each has a cyclo unit attached, which i will have to remove as it would be a source of backlash.

Cyclo? Don't assume they add backlash until you've checked them. But, you may
not need the reduction, anyway.

> Their brown, blue and green/yellowwires are a much heavier guage. One has an extra 2 wires coming from the motor, coloured blue and brown, are these for some form of a brake?

Yes, a brake is very likely on an arm-type robot.

> They also have encoders : Stegmann DG60/1, 300 pulses per rev 3+3 Neg, VDC 10 - 30

these probably give 1200 counts/rev, and 3+3 Neg sounds like it has differential
signals and an index channel.

> How can i test if these work?
> What voltage and maxrpm?

How could we possibly give you that information? We don't know what
make or model robot, what make of motors, no model #, etc.
You haven't even told us if these are DC brush, DC brushless,
AC induction, or whatever.

John Harnedy 2001-11-20 15:56:19 UTC Mavilor Servos, how to test + Identify Jon Elson 2001-11-20 22:16:01 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Mavilor Servos, how to test + Identify John Harnedy 2001-11-21 05:06:45 UTC RE: Re: Mavilor Servos, how to test + Identify Jon Elson 2001-11-21 09:08:27 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] RE: Re: Mavilor Servos, how to test + Identify John Harnedy 2001-11-22 05:44:37 UTC RE: Re: RE: Re: Mavilor Servos, how to test + Identify Jon Elson 2001-11-22 13:28:27 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] RE: Re: RE: Re: Mavilor Servos, how to test + Identify