CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] PIN ASIGNAMENTS IN EMC

antonio-ximenez@... wrote:

> Hi,
> I would like to make the next asignament pins in EMC.
>
> 2 Xdir
> 3 Xstep
> 4 Ydir
> 5 Ystep
> 6 Zdir
> 7 Zstep
> 8 Adir
> 9 Astep
> 14 Relay 1
> 16 Relay 2
> Home and Limits switches by default
>
> How do you make the above asignament ?
> What is the source code file where in EMC is made the mapping?
>
> Pin 14 and 16 must handle two relays for switch on and switch off
> Is this possible in EMC in earlier post I understood that this is not
> possible.
> If it´s possible what gcode switch-on and g-code switch-off.

This is very difficult. I have gone through a somewhat similar process,
and it took me about a month. (I was doing it for a rather different
hardware setup, but I run all I/O (encoders, servo DACs and digital
I/O) through a set of boards connected to the parallel port. So, I
had to route all I/O through the real-time section of EMC so that
one part didn't step on the other's access to the port.

Anyway, the step and direction outputs are handled by real-time code
in the real time envoronment. The routine is probably
.../emc/src/emcmot/emcstepmot.c

The auxilliary I/O is handled by normal Linux user-mode code in
the ../emc/src/emcio/... directory. It is broken up by function (ie.
coolant, spindle, lube, toolchange, etc.) These routines all call a
parallel port routine ../emc/src/emcnml/parport.c

The problem is that as the code is structured, the aux I/O and the
motion control can't use the same parallel port. I had to create
additional global structures accessible by both Linux and the RT
code so that the aux I/O programs could pass aux I/O bits over
to the RT section to be written out or read in every servo cycle.

antonio-ximenez@t... 2001-11-21 19:05:44 UTC PIN ASIGNAMENTS IN EMC Jon Elson 2001-11-21 21:43:20 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] PIN ASIGNAMENTS IN EMC