CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Advice needed

Posted by Bertho Boman
on 1999-10-17 11:40:42 UTC
Get an estimate of the freight, including the unloading cost. If it is heavy, it will come on a flat-bed truck and you must
have a forklift or crane to unload it. Rigging companies charge an arm and a leg to unload it if you can't do it your self.

That might even apply at the sending end since the sender will just crate it but not necessarily load it on the truck
Bertho Boman
=======================================

> From: Al Schoepp <a_schoep@...>
>
> I am currently working on a CNC router using one of Dan's %A kits (time
> permitting). I am also planning on getting a milling machine, probably
> a RF45, to eventually convert. However I came across an old CNC mill
> for sale in the States. However I have not heard of the make before and
> would appreciate any input, the following is the informaiton I got from
> the seller. I also have a picture he emailed me if that will help and
> noone on the list objects I can post that as well.
>
> Millright by Powermatic 3axes cnc/manual mill/floor model
> the stepper motors are there
> table size 27X7 the travel looks like 10X6
> R8 tool holder
> 1400.00 + 100.00 to crate for shipping + actual shipping costs.
>
> Although I probably won't have a lot of free time to work on it right
> away, if it is a good deal it can sit in the garage for now. Any advice
> would be apreciated.
>
> Al

Discussion Thread

Al Schoepp 1999-10-17 10:41:24 UTC Advice needed PTENGIN@x... 1999-10-17 11:32:38 UTC Re: Advice needed Bertho Boman 1999-10-17 11:40:42 UTC Re: Advice needed