CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: burny-2.5

Posted by dlantz@a...
on 2001-11-26 11:13:54 UTC
I haven't been given a price for it yet. someone came in and offered what i
think was a burny 3 for about 10K installed (i gasped) the emc approach was
my first thought, but that would require reutilizing the servo's which i
have had trouble identifying. if i simply replace them (i'd like to.... but
can't) then the optical scanner would not work, and the shop needs that
still for old prints... if i can find the pinout for the input (what the
burny would actually send the servo amps) then i may be able to 'rig'
something---thanks, Dave L.

-----Original Message-----
From: andy@... [mailto:andy@...]
Sent: Monday, November 26, 2001 11:10 AM
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: burny-2.5

Dave - I replaced our optical tracker oxy / gas cutting system with a
Camtronics / Gecko 340s / EMC system. I pretty much ingnored the
existings electronics and replaced the servo motors with new ones
with encoders. Mine has a 39:1 gearbox and rack and pinion drive so
the motor size was not too important.

I understand that electrical interference is more of a problem with a
plasma cutters.

I don't have EMC turning the cutting gas on yet, but it is possible
to rig up a relay to turn on your arc.

My entire cost was about $1300 not including my time. How much did
they want for the Burny 2.5?

Andy

Addresses:

Post messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com