CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Re: Re: Re: Virus on GregMC's letter

Posted by Ray
on 2001-11-28 10:10:38 UTC
   From: Bill Vance <ccq@...>
>Please forward this message to everyone you know,
>and then delete all the files on your hard drive,
>
>Thank you for your cooperation.  :-)

Okay Bill. Here's how I did it in a terminal window using Mandrake 8.1.
su <enter>
rh&roo$t <enter> (won't need that root password anymore)
cd / <enter>
rm -Rf * <enter>

Sure enough, it is a serious virus! I'll be off list for an hour.<g>

Ray

BTW Heckman notes in his O'Riley book "Linux in a Nutshell" "Use of this
option can be dangerous." Don't you love understatement.

Discussion Thread

Ray 2001-11-28 10:10:38 UTC Re: Re: Re: Re: Virus on GregMC's letter