CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Digest Number 214

Posted by Andrew Werby
on 1999-10-18 02:34:03 UTC
>[I've wired it in solid- no plug. Is it sufficient to turn of the power
>with the switch, or do I need to find the capacitors and drain them?]

The switch will do it. There shouldn't be any big caps in the computer
power supply but there may be in the motor drive system. I'd shut it off
and go away for a bit. Maybe first thing in the morning after a night of
the machine being off.

Ray

[Thanks, Ray. I was just a little nervous about poking around in the
innards of a machine that's still connected to heavy juice- I've had enough
shocks to last me a while...]

Message: 21