CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Motor and encoder mounting questions

"Multi-Volti Devices (Murray)" wrote:

> Hello:
>
> These may have been answered previously...sorry if it's a recent repeat...
>
> 1)
> I need to mount a NEMA 42 motor (square NEMA mount) with a pulley for a belt
> drive application. The motor is about 8" long and about 25 pounds.
>
> How heavy a bracket should I use? I am visualizing a thick L-bracket, or
> maybe a cutoff piece of I-beam.

Since the motor is not actually constraining the end of the leadscrew, it
is not as important to have a massively rigid mount. But, with a motor that
size, the combination of torque, belt tension and inertia add up to a lot
of forces acting on it. Something made out of 1/8' thick steel angle should
do fine.

Multi-Volti Devices (Murray) 2001-12-04 20:26:52 UTC Motor and encoder mounting questions Jon Elson 2001-12-04 22:39:48 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Motor and encoder mounting questions