CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Latest EMC GUI

Posted by Ray
on 2001-12-05 06:33:08 UTC
JohnB

This sounds like a joint/world problem with your setup. Joint mode is
normally used to home out and jog each motor in a non-cartesian machine
like a Stewart platform or robot. World mode is the usual cartesian. (x,
y, z, a, b, c) The normal bdi installs do not have this problem. It is
the result of an effort to make tkemc and the Tcl/Tk stuff available to
folk running machines where an axis and a coordinate system don't
correspond one-to-one.

If you are using steppermod for your driver, its code has not been updated
to reflect the changes elsewhere in the EMC code so it does not easily
accept a world command on startup. Freqmod would work with the release
that you are using and show axis names rather than numbers. There are a
couple of pages on the linuxcnc.org handbook on tuning it or contact me
off list and I'll try to get you through it. Or I could edit tkemcex.tcl
file to use only your axis labels.

I don't know yet when steppermod code will be updated. There is talk
about expanding the freqmod code to make a single stepper file rather than
trying to maintain two or three different but overlapping sets.

HTH

Ray

>    From: "johnbranlund" <branlund@...>
>
> I also would like to change the axis numbers to X Y Z rather than 0 1
> 2 .... Any ideas on that?
>
> Thanks
> JohnB

Discussion Thread

shymu@b... 2001-12-04 16:55:28 UTC Latest EMC GUI Ray 2001-12-04 20:11:38 UTC Re: Latest EMC GUI johnbranlund 2001-12-04 23:29:55 UTC Re: Latest EMC GUI Ray 2001-12-05 06:33:08 UTC Re: Latest EMC GUI M Doogan 2001-12-05 07:34:20 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Latest EMC GUI