CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: EMC BDI doen't detect printer port

Posted by Tim
on 2001-12-06 13:07:16 UTC
What I thought. Unless you load printer support Linux will not see the
port. It doesn't have to. EMC writes to the port directly as a memory
address. Just set everything about the port to normal vanilla settings
and make sure the address in the .ini matches the address in the BIOS.
Then hook either a logic probe, LED, or DVM to on of the direction pins.
Now in EMC try jogging the axis. When you reverse direction the pin will
change state and you will know that it is working. There is also some
utilities in the EMC install to let you monitor the port and toggle it,
but I have never used them.

Tim
[Denver, CO]