CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Looking for CNC software

Tim wrote:

> Warning Warning. Illegal software trading, selling, copying, etc is not
> endorsed or allowed on this list. Any more posts soliciting an illegal
> exchange of software will get your account banned.
>
> Hope this is 1000% clear.
>
> Tim
> [Denver, CO]
> Back-up moderator

I'm not sure this is software pirating. I don't know the model number, but
it could be an obsolete control no longer supported by the manufacturer.
Now, technically, trading software that the manufacturer will no longer
sell or support could still be considered illegal by the manufacturer,
but that puts the guy who bought the machine in quite a pickle.
the company won't sell software for his control, so he has to buy a
brand new control at full price to get his machine working! Ouch!
Also, if he legally bought the hardware, the software may be considered
an integral part of that purchase, and anything missing would be a
deficiency, not something else for the new owner to buy.

I guess CNC control companies have had very different visions of
how to license the software on their machines than traditional computer
companies. Some of them are coming around to treating things
more like computer software licenses, now.

Tim 2001-12-06 14:37:44 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Looking for CNC software Jon Elson 2001-12-06 21:57:41 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Looking for CNC software yethdear0 2001-12-07 03:27:35 UTC Re: Looking for CNC software Keith Rumley 2001-12-07 09:29:35 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Looking for CNC software yethdear0 2001-12-07 12:43:59 UTC Re: Looking for CNC software