CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Looking for CNC software

Posted by yethdear0
on 2001-12-07 03:27:35 UTC
Thankyou.

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., Jon Elson <elson@p...> wrote:
> Tim wrote:
>
> > Warning Warning. Illegal software trading, selling, copying, etc
is not
> > endorsed or allowed on this list. Any more posts soliciting an
illegal
> > exchange of software will get your account banned.
> >
> > Hope this is 1000% clear.
> >
> > Tim
> > [Denver, CO]
> > Back-up moderator

The
> > > Centroid software version (CNC7.0) that is installed on the
system is
> > > missing files and there were no back ups. Does anyone out there
have
> > > a copy of this software that has the multiple work coordinates
and
> > > unlimited file size capability? If so, could you souvenir me a
copy?

> I'm not sure this is software pirating. I don't know the model
number, but
> it could be an obsolete control no longer supported by the
manufacturer.
> Now, technically, trading software that the manufacturer will no
longer
> sell or support could still be considered illegal by the
manufacturer,
> but that puts the guy who bought the machine in quite a pickle.
> the company won't sell software for his control, so he has to buy a
> brand new control at full price to get his machine working! Ouch!
> Also, if he legally bought the hardware, the software may be
considered
> an integral part of that purchase, and anything missing would be a
> deficiency, not something else for the new owner to buy.
>
> I guess CNC control companies have had very different visions of
> how to license the software on their machines than traditional
computer
> companies. Some of them are coming around to treating things
> more like computer software licenses, now.
>
> Jon

Discussion Thread

Tim 2001-12-06 14:37:44 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Looking for CNC software Jon Elson 2001-12-06 21:57:41 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Looking for CNC software yethdear0 2001-12-07 03:27:35 UTC Re: Looking for CNC software Keith Rumley 2001-12-07 09:29:35 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Looking for CNC software yethdear0 2001-12-07 12:43:59 UTC Re: Looking for CNC software