CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Re: can you scale a part

Posted by IMService
on 2001-12-15 06:14:59 UTC
> Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 09:31:50 -0000
> From: "follicely_challenged" <dave_pearson@...>
>Subject: using Dolphin CAD/CAM

>I personally would use the second option because a CAD drawing should
>never be scaled!

Please elaborate on this gem of wisdom. I always thought that the whole purpose of vector based Cad drawings (forms like DXF, IGES, and DWG) was that they WERE scalable, now you forbid it?

A lot of the people using CAD in this group are making "SCALE MODELS". Are you saying that if one has a full sized set of Cad drawings of say a locomotive, that he should NOT scale them to make an HO scale model?

Best Regards,

Fred Smith
IMService

Discussion Thread

IMService 2001-12-15 06:14:59 UTC Re: Re: can you scale a part Carol & Jerry Jankura 2001-12-15 09:41:07 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Re: can you scale a part