CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: EMM386

on 2001-12-18 10:49:28 UTC
Hi Jerry,

Further experimentation. I had left a "recovery" disk in the drive when
I booted the system, an the system booted to DOS (98 DOS?). Drives ran
poorly, or not at all. I would have thought that would have been
"clean". I will see what they build, EMM? I think I will also
investigate what interrupts are enabled, and if the timer interrupt is
chained BEFORE I get it.

I rebooted, told LILO "DOS", came up in Windoz98, and "restarted in
DOS". Drives back to normal.

Alan KM6VV
(trying to drill and tap 4-40 holes in a mushy heat sink)

Carol & Jerry Jankura wrote:

> Alan:
>
> My guess is that it was hooking into the timer interrupt. If I'm not
> mistaken, that's the only one that DOS actually uses. But, I didn't actually
> check it out so I can't say that as gospel.
>
> -- Jerry

Discussion Thread

Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-12-17 19:08:18 UTC Re: EMM386 Carol & Jerry Jankura 2001-12-17 19:13:18 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: EMM386 Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-12-18 10:49:28 UTC Re: EMM386