CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Mounting the floppy

Posted by Paul
on 2001-12-19 15:53:12 UTC
Hi Tony

Using kfm - K->System->File Manager (Super User Mode), just type in the
directory you want (or use the icons). Once you have located the file you
want, right click on it to bring up a dialog box - From here, you can select
Text Editor.
Be VERY carefull about what changes you make in the fstab file - You could
end up with a non-bootable system.
If you have the BDI install, there should be an entry for /mnt/floppy with
supermount on the same line. This module allows you to automatically
mount/unmount the floppy (and CDROM) almost as if you were using Windows.

Question - Which version of the BDI have you installed ??
There is a FAQ at www.linuxcnc.org regarding this issue if you have Ver 2.04.

Regards, Paul.

On Tuesday 19 December 2000 11:29 pm, Tony Dickson wrote:
> I can't remember the fellows name but he told me a possible solution to the
> problem I've been have mounting my floppy. The error I'm getting when I
> right click on the floppy icon, it tells me " mount:can't find/dev/fdo in
> /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab". As I recall this is where he told me to look. I
> have too many irons in the fire and just now got around to try what was
> suggested. The problem I have now is that, without sounding totally
> ignorant, is that I don't know how to look at my /etc/fstab or /etcmtab
> file. I know it is staring me in the face but I'm VERY new at Linux.Any
> help would be greatly appriciated. Thanks in advance Tony

Discussion Thread

Tony Dickson 2001-12-19 15:26:12 UTC Mounting the floppy Tim 2001-12-19 15:43:21 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Mounting the floppy Paul 2001-12-19 15:53:12 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Mounting the floppy Bill Vance 2001-12-19 16:26:47 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Mounting the floppy Tony Dickson 2001-12-19 16:43:03 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Mounting the floppy