CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Mounting the floppy

Posted by Bill Vance
on 2001-12-19 16:26:47 UTC
On Wed Dec 19 15:43:20 2001, Tim, <timg@...> wrote:

>There are a number of ways. One of the easiest is to open a console
>window and switch to the /etc directory with:
>cd /etc
>Then enter
>emacs fstab
>That will start the emacs editor and open the file in it. It will also
>work from any directory if you do it with the full path
>emacs /etc/fstab
>
>Tim
>[Denver, CO]

^^^
This could be your problem right here, (abv). It's not supposed to be
ef-dee-oh, but rather ef-dee-zero. In the /etc/fstab file, you could find it
under the name, "fd0", "floppy", "floppydrive", or possibly others, as well.
Personally, I prefer, "fd0", as I detest needless extra typing. Don't forget,
if you edit the fstab name entry, you'll need to do a, "mkdir /mnt/samename", to
match it before you can mount it.

Bill

--
RKBA! ***** Blessings On Thee, Oh Israel! ***** 4-19!

Constitutional Government is dead, LONG LIVE THE CONSTITUTION!!!!!

Tony Dickson 2001-12-19 15:26:12 UTC Mounting the floppy Tim 2001-12-19 15:43:21 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Mounting the floppy Paul 2001-12-19 15:53:12 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Mounting the floppy Bill Vance 2001-12-19 16:26:47 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Mounting the floppy Tony Dickson 2001-12-19 16:43:03 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Mounting the floppy