CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re:

Posted by Ray Henry
on 1999-10-22 07:45:07 UTC
Wood cutters.

Around these parts (Michigan U.P.) we often read about wood dust fires
creating disasters. Last year a furniture factory blew apart a 40' tall
cyclone collector. They had some fire protection installed but it was not
fast enough acting for the kind of dust they were moving. Lucky that it
was the night shift and no one was hurt.

IMO If you do much wood routing it'd pay you to have some automatic
protection.

Ray (From the Upper Penninsula MI - a few flakes of snow on the wind today)

-----om-----
> From: PTENGIN@...
>Subject: Re: Re: What do we want?
<snip>
> My day job machine did catch fire once. When you plunge cut materials, you
>often get a small disk of same on the end of the bit. If this doesn't fly
>off, it gets dragged around in the cut. The friction ignited the particle
>board top. This Thermwood machine draws vacuum right through the particle
>board. (It's 40 Hp vacumm pump!!) The fire spread fast. Lucky someone was
>watching. We usually run lightly tended. You must put a fire extinguisher
>close by....
>Peter

Discussion Thread

Ray Henry 1999-10-22 07:45:07 UTC Re: