CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Miscellaneous parts and pieces scources

wanliker@... wrote:

> I am looking for a source on the following miscellaneous parts and pieces.
> Cheap is to be preferred........ surplus will also do.
>

> 3. A source of terminal wiremarkers, with specific markings, i.e., PS+, PS-,
> etc.
> Not the individual tape types where it would need three pieces to do this, I
> would prefer the slip on tube types. Quantities about 12 each of up to 12
> different markings. This could be a nice side business for someone.

This business has mostly gone away. Brady and 3M used to make a wide
variety of markers. The new thing is tiny, cheap printers that will print a
custom label on a tape, and I think there's even some way to put the
marks on heat shrink tubing. Several companies make tape dispensers
with 10 tiny rolls of marked tape. You can definitely get +, - ground
symbols, letters, numbers and solid colors. But, if you want something
like PS+, there are 3 ways to do it. Scotch has a thing called an SWD
in several sizes. It is a write-on marker and a self-stick tape. You
write on the marker with a supplied felt-tip pen, pull the marker off and
wrap it onto the wire. The clear tail of the marker wraps over and protects
the writing. I have used these, and they work great for custom installations
like burgalar alarm and telephone systems where you want room numbers
or whatever on the wires. A second method is from Panduit and others,
that allows you to print legends on a whole sheet of markers with any
laser printer. I haven't used these. The pocket label printer is the 3rd way.

I haven't used these, either, but I've seen them at the distributors, and have
some samples of the result, and they look really 'pro'. I think the cheapest
printer is $79.

wanliker@a... 2001-12-20 10:18:25 UTC Miscellaneous parts and pieces scources Jon Elson 2001-12-20 11:30:14 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Miscellaneous parts and pieces scources Rich D. 2001-12-20 13:30:25 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Miscellaneous parts and pieces scources