CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: matsushita stepper specs ?

dave_ace_me wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> seems I've stumped the best.
>
> the stepper I have has an on=board controller
> (this was pulled from a coppier)
> the 4 terminal connector is
>
> 24 V
> Gng
> P/S (I assume pulse/step)
> and LD
>
> any ideas what LD might stand for ?
> the unit does appear to have a magnetic
> band on the rotating houseing, so it might
> be a feedback or speed or posistion???
>
> Dave
>
> origional message below
>
> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "dave_ace_me" <davemucha@j...> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I got the timing belt and gears worked out for automating my drill
> > press, and have a stepper motor from the copier I am using for
> parts.
> >
> > The stepper is Matsushita model GLQ-6DB071A and has a 7:1 ratio
> gear
> > reduction as part of the unit.
> >
> > There is also an intgrated circutit board, lookes like a mirco
> > controller with resonator, caps and all.
> >
> > the stepper is 24 VDC 1.4 A so it should be strong enough.
> >
> > The connector on the board has 4 pins,
> > GND 24V P/S and LD
> >
> > I can't find ANY data on Matsushita steppers on the web, just
> > circular references of Panasonic.
> >
> > Does anybody have any ideas on either how/where to find motor data
> or
> > maybe how to wire this puppy ?

This is not really a stepper motor, but a brushless DC motor. To use
it for positioning, ie. bidirectional use, you will have to remove the
controller, which almost certainly is one way only. If it is a 24 V
motor, it has too much inductance to deliver much speed unless it
has VERY few poles (steps / revolution). So, it most likely is somewhere
in the 8 - 24 poles range, which would give you 16 - 48 steps/rev.
That's why they use the gearbox.

dave_ace_me 2001-12-17 11:02:46 UTC matsushita stepper specs ? dave_ace_me 2001-12-20 09:38:28 UTC Re: matsushita stepper specs ? Jon Elson 2001-12-20 11:21:44 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: matsushita stepper specs ? dave_ace_me 2001-12-21 11:59:24 UTC Re: matsushita stepper specs ?