CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Another EMC Question

chewy8833 wrote:

> Now that I have everything working (software/hardware)and have run
> many small parts. I did some larger parts and cranked the speed up.
> Now I noticed some rounding of corners on tool paths. It this
> normal,.. if so do I need to change a few things?

If your program makes sharp turns (like right angle moves) and the
corners need to be square, you need to turn on exact stop mode, with
a G61 command. (G64 goes back to smoothing mode.) With G64
(default) in force, the next move begins to ramp up to speed as soon as the
current move begins to ramp down. So, this obviously causes
round corners. If you are doing surface contouring, you want G64
on.

chewy8833 2001-12-20 17:49:59 UTC Another EMC Question William Scalione 2001-12-20 19:31:30 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Another EMC Question Jon Elson 2001-12-20 23:18:15 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Another EMC Question