CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Digest Number 223

Posted by Andrew Werby
on 1999-10-23 03:48:39 UTC
Message: 4
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 22:57:15 +0100
From: "Ian Wright" <Ian@...>
Subject: Re: Digest Number 221

(Hi-tech solutions snipped)

Water would be an appropriate
extinguishant and you could rig something up yourself quite easily using
standard or salvaged components. In fact, if you hang a length of plastic
hose over the machine and firmly seal the open end and then connect the
other end to a tap and turn it on, you will have a simple but effective
system for almost zero cost. When the tap is turned on, the air in the hose
will be compressed and so will not let water into the end bit over the
machine but, if a fire gets the hose hot enough to melt, this will let the
air escape and the water will flow.

Ian