CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Servo based EMC users

Posted by chewy8833
on 2001-12-21 17:05:46 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "Les Watts" <leswatts@r...> wrote:

> So to my question - are any of you running an actual servo
> based machine with BDI and STG II ?
>
> The only ones I have seen running full servo (not Gecko or
> stepper) are Jon (with 8 axis STG I and his parallel port
> device) and Matt (with 4 axis STG I). I see quite a few
> are running stepper versions often driving Geckos.
>
> I am just trying to find out if the latest BDI with the STG II ISA
> will actually run without being buggy or locking up. I have asked
this

> Les

Well I'm running a BDI install that's about two months old. No
problems with the install or floppy/cdrom mounting. It fact I've had
more problems with Windows. Of course I am using steppermod and using
Gecko's under servo control. The only problems I have had was do to
lack of knowledge of linux. And in my recent post,.. on line number
limit. All in all I'm very pleased with the BDI and EMC

Frank

Discussion Thread

Les Watts 2001-12-21 10:15:15 UTC Servo based EMC users chewy8833 2001-12-21 17:05:46 UTC Re: Servo based EMC users