CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: fdisk trouble - lilo trouble

Posted by Ray Henry
on 1999-10-25 12:30:31 UTC
Arne

I had h-disk problems like you describe. I couldn't make the msdos and
windows fdisk do anything with linux partitions. It would correctly report
disk size but could not see the other partitions at all. Linux fdisk was
happy to dump dos partitions for the most part. I do have one old drive
that I thought worked but died sometime during one fdisk or another and
refused to do anything (other than serve as a paperweight) after that.

Ray

>Message: 6
> Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 19:51:00 +0200
> From: "Arne Chr.Jorgensen" <instel@...>
>Subject: Lilo trouble
<snip>
>This needs a few words: It looks as if "something" is still on the
>disk, after using FDISK and format, even to change partion sizes. So I
>swapped the disks, and it then saw some new hardware and bios, - somehow
>this kicked it some place ? - ( I did FDISK and format ) - then swapped
>them back where they used to be. On one of them I did another
>FDISK/Format - I think. But anyway this gave them a kick that got them
>loose from the ditch they were stalling. :)

Discussion Thread

Ray Henry 1999-10-25 12:30:31 UTC Re: fdisk trouble - lilo trouble