CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: What do we want.

Posted by Ray Henry
on 1999-10-25 12:23:39 UTC
Bertho +

I recently read an article on session based licensing rather than site or
seat based licensing. Maybe what we need to do to get access to this
high-end design and cam stuff is to set up a CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO company that
purchases the software and puts it on a server somewhere. Then we could
log onto that computer, use our secret C...O password and signature to gain
access to our development files, create these projects and ftp the machine
code back to us.

The software folk would probably have a s**t fit but it could be seat
licensed for a single processor, single user, and then we could take turns.

Ray

> From: Bertho Boman <boman@...>
>Subject: What do we want?
<snip>
>One gray area that I was referring to in my previous post and that is
still not clear to me. When I design a product, I do not
>design a part, I design many parts working together. Very high level
programs will allow all kinds of simulation (I wish I had one
>and the time to learn how to use it....) but the above mentioned programs
might not be able to do that. They might be more intended
>to use to import a "one part" file from the "big" program and then create
a tooling (G-code) output for just that part. Or if a
>drawing is received, use the program to create the part in software and
then machine it.

Discussion Thread

Ray Henry 1999-10-25 12:23:39 UTC Re: What do we want.