CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] DesKam 2000

on 2001-12-24 10:55:56 UTC
Hi Woodknack,

DesKam 2000 creates tool paths and Gcode FROM 2 1/2 D DXF or 3D STL
files. You need to start with your CAD program, generate a DXF file,
and import it into DesKam. Can you draw a line in your CAD program and
export it as a DXF file? I think you'll find that DesKam is for
creating TOOL PATHS from 3D files. You need to start a little simpler,
IMO.

Kcam3 will run the mill. Or CNCpro, TurboCNC, MaxNC etc. I'd suggest
just using notepad or another simple editor, and playing with simple cnc
programs. Import them (either DesKam or Kcam3), and examine the
"backplot". This will get you going. Draw boxes. Draw circles.

If you're looking to examine simple programs, why not look at AutoEditNC

http://www.betatechnical.com/autonc.htm

recently posted to this list. The code:

X0.0 Y0.0
X4.0

Will first move the tool to "home", (if it's not already there) and then
move to 4". Simple X and Y coordinate values will give you the
movement.

Look at some of the sample part programs that came with your programs.

I have included a simple program that does a 'C', and also another one
that draws a gasket. Load it into DesKam or Kcam3 to see it! Study it
a little!

HTH

Alan KM6VV

woodknack wrote:

> Can some one help me with this program? I have been looking in the
> help files on how to run this program from start to finish and im
> getting a head ache! LOL. What I want to do is just make a simple
> line about 4" long. Can someone guide me through this from start to
> finish? That would give me a better understanding on how to start
> using this program. Will this program also run my engraving machine?
> Or do I need other software? I have Kcam3 also but to make things
> less confusing on me, I want to stick to just one piece of software
> until I get the hang of things.

woodknack 2001-12-23 17:36:55 UTC DesKam 2000 Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-12-24 10:55:56 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] DesKam 2000