CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: EMC BDI V 2.11 crash messages

Posted by pfrederick1
on 2001-12-26 17:10:17 UTC
About corrupted downloads. You can use the md5sum program and the
md5sum of the file to see if the file you have is right.

Here's an example of how it works:

md5sum e79b7936f52a166eb32a328c473306d1 bdiemc-2.11-01.img

Most all downloadable files have md5sums associated with them.

Bet you wondered what that odd number was, man md5sum for more
information of course.

I might be new to BDI and CAD-CAM but Linux is another story.
Here's another novel thing you can do with the ISO images prior
to burning them to CDs. You can mount them!
Use this thing called a loopback device like this:

losetup /dev/loop0 /root/bdiemc211-01.img

mkdir /root/binimg

mount -t iso9660 /dev/loop0 /root/binimg

cd /root/binimg;ls

# there it all is the df command will even show it up as a pseudo
drive

cd ..

umount /dev/loop0

losetup -d /dev/loop0

Anyone that's interested in realtime chat with a number of Linux
experts, including employees of RedHat, connect to this IRC network:

http://openprojects.net/irc_servers.shtml

/join #redhat

Or make your own channel. I'd love that. It's a great network.
C U there

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "awemawson" <andrew@m...> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Downloaded EMC BDI V 2.11 the other day, and I notice that when I
> shut down it gives a 'Server Aborting ' error message followed by
> crash dump.
>
> Just re-loaded it to see if it was a bad install but get the same
> error. System seems to work ok (not yet running a machine as the
> Gecko's haven't arrived).
>
> Previously I had loaded V 2.09 and shut down was ok. I suppose it
is
> possible that my V2.11 download was corrupted.
>
> Feeling my way in the dark here as Linux is a foreign country !

I feel the same way about a certian popular commercial operating
system. The more you know about Linux the more you wonder why people
run anything else.

> Anyone else had problems, as I don't fancy another 550 Mb download
> unless it's necessary.
>
> Andrew Mawson

Discussion Thread

awemawson 2001-12-26 08:20:05 UTC EMC BDI V 2.11 crash messages Tim 2001-12-26 08:47:37 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC BDI V 2.11 crash messages Paul 2001-12-26 09:03:43 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC BDI V 2.11 crash messages pfrederick1 2001-12-26 17:10:17 UTC Re: EMC BDI V 2.11 crash messages