CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

re:Re: Indexer-G-Code Update

Posted by doug98105
on 2001-12-28 10:40:37 UTC
Carlos,

Do you know if he provides any method of feedrate override? In my
converstaions with Art over the last few years that's something he
intended to have, but never seemed to get around to. IMO, without
that capability he doesn't have much of a controller.

FWIW, I bought Indexer quite a few years ago. At time of purchase I
was promised FREE upgrades to my DOS version, I think he indicated
upgrading to Windows would be around $25, hah!!! I should have
gotten that commitment in writing.

Also FWIW, I've found Indexer to be very reliable. It does
everything promised. I've used it in a couple of auxiliary axis
applications on my CNC's.

thanks,

Doug

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "Carlos Guillermo" <carlos@v...> wrote:
> Hi Ballendo -
>
> I was able to access the website fine today. The G code
> interpreter looks promising. I asked Art for a demo so I could
> check out the interface before I buy. However, I'm not expecting
> much, since last time I spoke with him he said I'd have to pay
> full price before I could even check out the beta version. The
> pricing does sound steep at first glance, but if the performance
> is in the same class as Flashcut, then it may be reasonable. I
> was disappointed that the main screen is not shown on the website
> (there must be one, right?). My biggest gripe so far is the need
> for so many LPT ports. I'm rigging up my system for 4 axes, which
> means I would need 3 LPT ports if I also want to use the feedhold
> and joystick features. Is it possible to find a PCI card that
> integrates all these lines into one cable with a special
> connector? I guess that wouldn't be practical with the dongle
> requirement.
>
> I think the mention of only 3 axes being graphically displayed was
> referring to the toolpath display. I would hope the main
> interface could show the position for all axes. Also, I hope that
> I-LPT and the G code interface won't each require a dongle.
>
> Carlos Guillermo
> VERVE Engineering & Design

Discussion Thread

CL 2001-12-27 10:14:33 UTC Indexer-G-Code Update Carlos Guillermo 2001-12-27 11:06:16 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Indexer-G-Code Update CL 2001-12-27 14:06:42 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Indexer-G-Code Update ballendo 2001-12-28 05:10:01 UTC re:Re: Indexer-G-Code Update CL 2001-12-28 05:58:15 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] re:Re: Indexer-G-Code Update Rick Miller 2001-12-28 06:37:15 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] re:Re: Indexer-G-Code Update Carlos Guillermo 2001-12-28 10:04:27 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] re:Re: Indexer-G-Code Update Smoke 2001-12-28 10:11:02 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] re:Re: Indexer-G-Code Update doug98105 2001-12-28 10:40:37 UTC re:Re: Indexer-G-Code Update Carlos Guillermo 2001-12-28 11:22:03 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] re:Re: Indexer-G-Code Update CL 2001-12-28 12:22:29 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] re:Re: Indexer-G-Code Update Carlos Guillermo 2001-12-28 19:46:23 UTC Re: Indexer-G-Code Update and Small Form Factor PC cnc002@a... 2001-12-29 10:26:58 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Indexer-G-Code Update and Small Form Factor PC