CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Harrison fanuc alphacam

Neil Dyer wrote:

> From: "Neil Dyer" <Electroman@...>
>
> Are there any folks out there who have a Harrison Alpha Cam CNC lathe?
> The UK version isn't ment to be fully automatic (you have to keep setting cut depth for every pass) because of health and saftey regs in the uk.
> But apparently the USA version which they export is full cnc and dosn't require an opperator to hang over it all the time.
> A harrison service engineer said, the only difference is software on the eprom. (but my buddys attempts to bribe him for a pile of �10 notes didn't work !)
>
> Dose any one know about this ?

What is this? CNC is illegal in UK? Wow, what a concept!

Actually, with the need to manually enter values EVERY cut, I would expect it to increase injuries
about 100 times. Every time you have to make an entry, there is, perhaps, a 2% chance of a digit
being miskeyed or not pressed hard enough. Suddenly, the machine is requested to take a 5 mm
depth of cut instead of .5 mm, and pow, hot carbide chips flying all over the place!

If this is really true, I can imagine some Harrison representatives having lathes dropped on them by
irate shop owners!

Neil Dyer 1999-10-29 14:37:56 UTC Harrison fanuc alphacam Jon Elson 1999-10-29 23:26:11 UTC Re: Harrison fanuc alphacam Jon Anderson 1999-10-30 07:36:29 UTC Re: Harrison fanuc alphacam Neil Dyer 1999-10-31 02:52:51 UTC Harrison fanuc alphacam