CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] SurfCAM2D Free Problem

Posted by Chris L
on 2002-01-08 16:59:57 UTC
The warnings about using it have been made very clear. You COULD be up a creek
someday (likely will be). Still, for the fellows who have had to wrestle with
the "Corel to Converter" methods, The somewhat free Surfcam should be much
appreciated.

One method of protecting yourself is to NOT draw your parts in it. Use a
different CAD program to draw your parts, then import those drawings. Your Cad
drawings will be safely protected while you create the G-Code, which will reside
>forever< on your hard-drive without too much worry if they pull the plug. 2d
Surfcam lets one create code quite easily from the dxf files. Almost a no
brainer.

I realize the "importing" t almost seems not much different than the
"conversion" methods. But, It still is easier, Its more accurate and certainly
more controllable.

The "all in One" concept......Well, as pointed out in other threads, realize
that most "all in ones" either have a really good technique in one side, or the
other NOT both. Go figure...

If you were lucky enough to get your "password" to operate the program, Use it
! You can "play" with the drawing functions to learn them, Hey, maybe someday
you will buy the whole program ! Go crazy creating "Free" code. I doubt that you
will ever need a password key to run those in the future !

I'd be curious as to why there are a few reporting problems getting registration
though.... Maybe management changed their mind already ??

CL