CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Bridgeport EZ-track conversion to standard G-Code

sprooney797 wrote:

> Has anyone looked into converting a bridgeport ez-track controller
> into a standard G-Code controller?

The 3 systems at work (a Romi lathe and 2 vertical mills, one 2-axis and one

3-axis) are all G-code underneath. I think you have to do something to
'see' that level, but they definitely do accept G-code. I have watched our
lead machinist at work manipulate G-code programs on the Ez-Trak
lathe. I can't tell you what button he pushed to get the G-code window
to appear, though.

> Their proprietary control system is running off of a pc running dos
> built into the machine. I was wondering bout the feasibility of
> changing the control software to something using standard G-code.
>
> It may require adding new servo drivers (Gecko's possibly) as I do not
> know how to make standard CNC software talk with their motion control
> card.

There is a way to network these systems, but they also have a 3.5" floppy
drive hidden under a protective flap in the back. I know our shop has read
programs I gave them on floppy.

sprooney797 2002-01-09 18:22:18 UTC Bridgeport EZ-track conversion to standard G-Code ccs@m... 2002-01-09 19:59:30 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Bridgeport EZ-track conversion to standard G-Code Jon Elson 2002-01-09 22:38:28 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Bridgeport EZ-track conversion to standard G-Code