CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Sony Magnescale

Posted by mfea_2000
on 2002-01-10 09:40:24 UTC
Eric,

I am sorry to tell you that the Magnescales are a breed of their own.
The signal they produce is more like a LVTD than anything else. If
the scales do not have the signal cables then I would back out of
these auctions. Without the cable you will be dead in the water. The
cables have the interface to attach to the displays on them.
You can get a reasonable priced display on Ebay from time to time.
If you have further questions you can e-mail me direct at
mfea_2000@...

Regards,

Tim

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "unterhausen" <unterhausen@y...> wrote:
> I am currently the high bidder on 2 Sony Magnescales on Ebay. In
> typical form, I bid thinking they were optical. Now I realize that
> they are magnetic. I am left wondering if I can use them, at least
> without spending another $1000 (heh, the cables to connect them to
> dro are $400 each). I think the excitation on these things must
> normally be in the DRO, but I'm not sure. It appears that some
> models are meant to interface to cnc, but the ones that aren't are
> not easy to interface to.
>

> If you want to outbid me, they are items 1685604339 and
> 1685605785. That will answer all my questions. Otherwise, if
anyone
> could point me towards some useful interface information, I would
> really appreciate it.
>
> Eric

Discussion Thread

unterhausen 2002-01-10 08:52:25 UTC Sony Magnescale mfea_2000 2002-01-10 09:40:24 UTC Re: Sony Magnescale Jon Elson 2002-01-10 10:39:10 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Sony Magnescale captnorm3@j... 2002-01-10 14:23:54 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Sony Magnescale