CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: VectorCAD and 5 axis...

on 2002-01-10 10:28:12 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "imserv1" <imserv@v...> wrote:
> Think of a Cube. Rotate it with both an X and a Y rotary axis, 45
> degree rotation on both. Cut off the corner with a G01 X move and
> machine details on the surface, as drilling, pocketing, 3D surface,
> etc. Combine it with 2 linear and 1 rotary also, as either X or YA-
> B) simultaneous contouring. Vector generates the 5 axis
> positioning
> codes, based on your 3D defined axis or zero position, including
> rotation.
>
> It can also do the same with articulated heads, in that it can
> position the cutter perpendicular to the compound angle surface and
> then machine relative to that surface.
>
> This capability is included with the Vector rotary 4th axis option
> we
> call Vector Plus.
>
> Best Regards, Fred Smith- IMService

Fred,
[1] If one wanted to learn more about this function is this covered
in the manual ?
[2] Is the manual that ships with Vector CAD [ the 368 page one ] the
same manual that ships with the full version of 9.3?
[3] Is there any more examples / course work other than the on line
help and the manual?

Genuine enquiry's, not looking to start a war.
I did a search in the manual for Fifth, 5th, YA, YB and Articulated
but didn't come up with anything.

John S.

Discussion Thread

Doug Fortune 2002-01-10 07:42:45 UTC VectorCAD and 5 axis... imserv1 2002-01-10 08:21:23 UTC Re: VectorCAD and 5 axis... stevenson_engineers 2002-01-10 10:28:12 UTC Re: VectorCAD and 5 axis...