CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: CAD help please.

on 2002-01-16 13:27:19 UTC
Tom,
I'd be happy to help where I can. I have done your example on Dolphin.
My system doesn't display your full e-mail address, so if you e-mail
me at dave_pearson@... I will send you the cad drawing and
cam file I have produced.

Dave Pearson

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "valrox1" <tcsibor@v...> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Let me start by saying that my CAD capabilities are rather limited.
> can draw simple shapes and setups for single level pockets etc.
>
> Where I have problems is where multi level pocketing and cutting is
> required. Here is what I am trying to draw and machine. If anyone
can
> lend a helping hand it would be appreciated.
>
> Basically, picture a standard rectangular swimming pool, with the
> deep section angling up toward a shallow section, wich is
horizontal
> and then 3 steps from the shallow to the top of the pool deck. The
> steps, however are only 2/3 the width of the total and are centered
> between the two walls. The dimensions are as follow:
>
> Rectangle is a 8" wide by 12" long piece of aluminum and is 6"
inches
> high. There will be a 1" perimiter around the pocket to be
machined.
> The steps are parallel to the 6" width and are 4" wide. the "deep"
> section starts at a 5" depth and slopes up to a 1 1/2" in a
> horizontal length of 5". The steps are 1/2" deep each.
>
> Can anyone help me in how to draw this and subsequently produce the
G-
> code to macine it? I own both Dolphin and Vector 9.3, so help in
> either or both would be most welcome.
>
> Thank you
> Tom Csibor

Discussion Thread

valrox1 2002-01-16 10:44:30 UTC CAD help please. follicely_challenged 2002-01-16 13:27:19 UTC Re: CAD help please.