CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Compumoter drive language

on 2002-01-17 14:15:22 UTC
It's been a while since I've played with any Compumotor equipment, but they
usually offered two types of systems. One was RS-232 driven; this system HAD
to use their priorietary language. The other was a Step/Direction driver
with a PC resident board that provided the step/direction pulses. With this
type of system, you could eliminate the PC resident board and use a printer
port and any program (G-Code interpreter) that will drive the printer port.
I'm not sure, however, if the Compumotor used single ended TTL levels or a
balanced line.

And, yes, the Compumotors are a honey of a system.

-- Jerry