CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Compumoter drive language

on 2002-01-17 15:48:01 UTC
All of the Compumotor stuff with an "X" in the model number uses
their priorietary "X" language. Usually the items without the "X" uses
step and direction. I have used Compumotor "S" drives and they are
wonderful. Microstep selectable from 1 to 50,000 steps per revolution
and the best part is a built in power supply. Plug it in the wall and
connect
your step and direction lines and hook up the motor. I had some SX
drives and opened one up to see if I could just unplug an X language
board and convert it to a step and direction drive but comparing it to
the internals of an S drive I could not see how to do it. I believe though
you can unplug the X language board from an OEM 650X or OEM 750X
to convert them to OEM 650 and OEM 750 step and direction drives.

Bill

> It's been a while since I've played with any Compumotor equipment, but
they
> usually offered two types of systems. One was RS-232 driven; this system
HAD
> to use their priorietary language. The other was a Step/Direction driver
> with a PC resident board that provided the step/direction pulses. With
this
> type of system, you could eliminate the PC resident board and use a
printer
> port and any program (G-Code interpreter) that will drive the printer
port.
> I'm not sure, however, if the Compumotor used single ended TTL levels or a
> balanced line.
>
> And, yes, the Compumotors are a honey of a system.
>
> -- Jerry

Discussion Thread

aspaguy 2002-01-16 00:11:54 UTC Compumoter drive language Carol & Jerry Jankura 2002-01-17 14:15:22 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Compumoter drive language William Scalione 2002-01-17 15:48:01 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Compumoter drive language