CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Abandon the lowly PC??

Posted by Marcus & Eva
From: "Carol & Jerry Jankura" <jerry.jankura@...>

> Perhaps, we're coming to a point where the 'free ride' on the back of the
> office computer is over and that we'll have to find a different pony to
> ride.

Hi Jerry:
What are you seeing that I'm not?
From my perspective as a guy who cuts metal, there are lots of control
systems out there that are working (and apparently working well) for the
guys who are driving them.
Are there inherent limitations that we are knocking up against with a PC
that we're trying to overcome with a black box?
I understand that there are timing issues involved, but I was under the
impression that Master 5 had pretty much put these to bed for Windoze.
I was also under the impression that this was not an issue at all with DOS
based systems.
Cheers

Marcus

Discussion Thread

Marcus & Eva 2002-01-24 07:19:36 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Abandon the lowly PC?? Bill Vance 2002-01-24 11:31:10 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Abandon the lowly PC??