CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Mac-Windows, Can't they get along?

Posted by imserv1
on 2002-01-25 05:24:30 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "cornbeltroute" <cornbeltroute@a...>
wrote:
> From a Mac (OS 9.2) and Ilustrator (9) with CADTools plug-in (2.1),
> I've sent a number of variously-formatted export files to three
> Windows machines, without success. None of the file export formats
> (AutoCad DXF, BMP, EPS, TIFF, etc.)

Brian, DXF is a text based format. You can open DXF files with
Notepad, Word, etc on a PC. Check to see if the files can be
opened. If not, you are going to have to run a file conversion to
convert from MacOS files to WinOS files. With Illustrator, there may
even be an optional setting when you export the file, but that is a
guess on my part.

Best Regards,

Fred Smith
IMService

Discussion Thread

cornbeltroute 2002-01-24 21:49:16 UTC Mac-Windows, Can't they get along? imserv1 2002-01-25 05:24:30 UTC Re: Mac-Windows, Can't they get along?