CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Indexer LPT and granularity

on 2002-01-26 08:29:09 UTC
On Fri, 25 Jan 2002 22:39:07 -0500, "Art Fenerty"
<fenerty@...> wrote:

>Its all a matter of how sympathetic the Windows OS is to being
>manipulated in this way. In my experience its like pulling teeth, but I can
>see where its possible.

OK, I gotta ask a question here. Forgive me if it is a dumb question
born of ignorance, but I can't resist.

Is the following possible:

The controller package, like the one from NIST is running on the
computer in Linux with all the real time benefits that bestows on it.
On the same machine (say a 1.5GHz machine (or at least one powerful
enough that computer capacity isn't an issue) is simultaneously running
in windows the operator interface with all the nice graphics that makes
available - the interface is of course running in a virtual machine
created by a SW environment that allows running some form of windows on
top of Linux.

Can the operator interface running in the windows environment
communicate with the NIST package running native Linux in a way that
would make it possible to get the best of both worlds?

It seems like sort of a clugy concept to me, but I couldn't resist
asking the question.

Probably better if the machine controller is a dedicated Linux machine
on a network with the windows machines for file transfer.

Fitch

Discussion Thread

Art Fenerty 2002-01-25 19:38:58 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Indexer LPT and granularity Fitch R. Williams 2002-01-26 08:29:09 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Indexer LPT and granularity Art Fenerty 2002-01-26 09:45:32 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Indexer LPT and granularity Hugh Currin 2002-01-26 09:45:51 UTC Re: Indexer LPT and granularity ccs@m... 2002-01-26 10:05:33 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Indexer LPT and granularity Jon Elson 2002-01-26 23:12:06 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Indexer LPT and granularity Ray 2002-01-27 10:42:25 UTC Re: Indexer LPT and granularity