CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: EMCO VMC100

Posted by doug98105
on 2002-01-26 20:28:13 UTC
Spencer & Doug,

Is this an Emco-Maier machine you're talking about? If so, try Emco
in Columbus, Ohio.

I have two Emco production CNC's, mill and lathe. In my experience
with various machine tools I would rate Emco's service near the top.
Maybe just a notch below Hardinge. Both company's techs have spent a
number of phone hours stepping me through various tests with the
voltmeter until the problems were found, all for zero cost to me and
on their 1-800 line.

The VMC-100 should be about 1988+. Date of manufacture is on a metal
tag somewhere on the machine. Toolholders are proprietary. Closed
loop stepper control, axis drive cards usually burn out until they
get replaced with the newer revisions, last price was around $600
over the counter exchange.

Doug

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., Doug Fortune <pentam@h...> wrote:
> Spencer Chase wrote:
> >
> > I just joined this group and will probably have a million
questions before
> > and after my new toy arrives. I just bought an Emco VMC 100.
>
> > So here are some questions.
> > What did I buy? How old is it? What tool holders does it use?
> > Can I get them or other parts easily and cheaply or make or adapt?
> >
> > Spencer Chase
> > http://www.SpencersErolls.com
> >

> I was looking at a VMC200, and while I was doing my research,
> it was bought out from under me!
>
> Anyway, I was looking for manuals, parts etc, and had this
> reply from Denmark:
>
> From: Jakob Bang Pedersen <Jakob@z...>
> Subject: Emco VMC200 servicing
> Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 09:21:52 +0200
>
> Dear Mr. Fortune,
>
> I can assure you that we can supply manuals
> (in English), parts, etc. for the Emco VMC200.
>
> Best regards,
> Jakob Pedersen
> <Jakob at zulau dot dk>
>
> This may be a source for you, if you can't find anyone
> in North America.
>
> Doug Fortune
> http://www.cncKITS.com

Discussion Thread

Doug Fortune 2002-01-26 16:27:29 UTC EMCO VMC100 doug98105 2002-01-26 20:28:13 UTC Re: EMCO VMC100