CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Hurco retro

rekmac wrote:

> I've asked a couple of questions before with not many responses, so
> I got a new one to ask. I've got a Hurco KM3P mill and I am seriously
> thinking of a retrofit. Now it has servos w/encoders, I think Servo
> Dynamics drivers, it has automatic speed adjustments using a sensor
> of some sort on the main pully, mist and flood coolant, limit
> switches, motion hold, feed rate adjustment on the fly and a jog
> wheel. I've looked at Camsoft's package, Ahha's, Hurco's and a couple
> of others, the price ranging form about$3500 to $10000.
> The question is, would it be less expensive to go with something like
> the Geckos or the like and other equipment and piece it together? Can
> I put something together to use the same opptions I have now? If so,
> what equipment should I go with? The software isn't a problem, I use
> a CAD/CAM and DNC program already, my concern is the hardware.

No, you already HAVE the servo amps. What you need is a servo
interface. You can get this from Servo-to-Go, or use my parallel port
motion control interface. If the "automatic speed adjustment" is a
spindle encoder, EMC does not support it at the moment, and only a
few non-servo PC programs support it right now. That is being worked on.

(For more info on my PPMC boards, see http://pico-systems.com/PPMC.html )

rekmac 2002-01-26 19:27:34 UTC Hurco retro Jon Elson 2002-01-26 23:38:03 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Hurco retro Richard Konnen 2002-01-28 05:43:34 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Hurco retro Jon Elson 2002-01-28 08:20:34 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Hurco retro