CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Dolphin face milling

on 2002-01-27 04:17:49 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "follicely_challenged"
<dave_pearson@b...> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've just received the latest version of the Dolphin CadCam system,
> and it now includes a 'Face Milling' routine.
> I really like the new routine. You can either 'describe' a
>rectangle
> shape by giving the X/Y coordinates of two diagonally opposite
> corners, or, you can select a contour (any shape) and the system
>will
> automatically calculate the rectangle to 'fit' the contour.
> You can remove the material in X or Y directions, you can also
> select 'uni-directional' machining, which will only machine in one
> direction, ideal for finish cuts. The 'bi-directional' option cuts
>in
> both directions, ideal for roughing.
>
> I must admit that I did e-mail Dolphin a while back asking if they
> could add a face mill routine, they replied that they would "look
>at
> it, but they were busy working on their Windows version of the
>lathe
> module". A nice surprise to find it included so soon. Well done
> Dolphin!

Dave,

You missed the best bit of info off.
This is available as a free upgrade from their download page at:
http://www.dolphin-systems.co.uk/
File size is 3.6 meg. The full version has also been upgraded so you
are working with the latest version.
Also the face milling command is completly dialog box operated in the
CAM side. This means you don't have to draw any paths on the screen
other than your part, so less clutter. Fully editable as regards
size, depth, number of cuts etc.
A screen shot of the dialog box is at:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/machines/facemill1.jpg
After selecing a contour the sizes are entered in the box below but
greyed out if you want a larrger area just click the box below and
add a bit on to give you the clearance needed.

John S.

Discussion Thread

follicely_challenged 2002-01-27 01:34:56 UTC Dolphin face milling stevenson_engineers 2002-01-27 04:17:49 UTC Re: Dolphin face milling