CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] "gutting" black boxes

on 2002-01-27 11:32:30 UTC
Hi Ballendo,

Who says we have to "copy" the software or hardware? Pick a PIC, add a
RS232 buffer and crystal, and you've got a "black box". Figure out what
we want as a communications protocol, and write the code to implement
the black box!

OR, why not BUY one of the documented available ones!

Alan KM6VV

ballendo wrote:

> Denny,
>
> In the code that runs the SBC. Many on this list could duplicate the
> HARDWARE of the DeskNC or Flashcut box, but the software is
> proprietary and copyright, unless declared otherwise. It is no longer
> necessary to ASSERT copyright, it is implied.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Ballendo
<SNIP>

Discussion Thread

Alan Marconett KM6VV 2002-01-27 11:32:30 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] "gutting" black boxes