CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] some other controllers was What does open mean?

Posted by Chris L
on 2002-01-28 05:17:13 UTC
Are you sure that relationship isn't simply in regards a certain machine
manufacturer who offers his machines with one or the other control program
and then both?

I see this with Weber and Sons............. They were selling both controls.
People would pick between the *faster Indexer with the limited 2.5d hpgl, or
the *slower Microsystems G-Code controller. Tough choice. Eventually they
ended up with both and still not the best situation !

ArtV's G-code interface may change that. We'll see.

Also, Microsystems and a Windows Interface ?? Thought I heard that once too.
Then again, There were a lot of companies "coming out" with one. Were still
waiting on most of them !

Chris L